Thursday, July 14, 2011

Our Day

We don't always start at the same time, and I'm still trying to find our groove. I find that the kids and I are much happier and productive if I create a schedule.

M starts off the day with reading. While she reads, I work with Bobo on phonics. M joins in later. Next we work on handwriting. For M, she just writes random words and phrases on handwriting paper and B traces his letters. Spelling and vocabulary is next. I introduce the words with just a blind pretest. I dictate the words, while M tries to write them out. After I correct the words, she rewrites them in her composition notebook and practices. Throughout the week, we use those words in dictation sentences, fill in the blank, crosswords, or just another test. I do these subjects everyday. We haven't started math yet, but I plan to do this every day as well.

For the other subjects, I touch a few days a week. I would love to get a group together to do science projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment