Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ancient Egypt

We started by reading Ms. Frizzle's Adventure's Ancient Egypt and The Best Book of Mummies.
It lead to so many subjects. We identified it on our map and pinned the Egyptian flag (I have mini magnet flags), and since it's in Northern Africa, I introduced the continents of the world. 

Because the Egyptians' beliefs in many gods and goddesses, we discussed the difference between facts, opinions and beliefs

Vocab/Spelling words for this unit:
Egypt
Africa
Nile River
scribe
mummy
tomb
pharaoh
god
goddess
Cairo

I still have many activities to do. The kids are excited about making a pyramid. You can make it with sugar cubes, but I'm going the easy way and just the template on the Crayola provided. I also plan on having the kids decode hieroglyphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment