Friday, July 15, 2011

Sight Words (and more pics)

In addition to our vocabulary words, we're also doing sight words. I borrowed a list from here, and I bought some "word strips" which are just heavy duty, lined paper strips. I've written about three words on each, and I cut them out and hung them around our room for easy access/visibility. There are 42 words total, so I'll do two words per unit, and then we'll have reinforcement/review for the additional 10 units.

 
 This is our letter/number/word wall. The very bottom has the alphabet upper and lower case, just above that are numbers 1-10, and on top, our sight words for the year.

Crappy close up :)

This is our "sharing" wall. Within units, the girls can pick things they are proud of, or their favorite part of the lessons, and we'll hang them here. It's an easy way to share with Daddy. I'll feature them on the blog, too.

And finally, the girls! They requested that I take their pic.

2 comments: