Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Units in progress

These are ongoing units I'm working on.

Princess/Castles - incorporating real castles, and princesses, their history.

Space - planets, astronauts, stars, etc.

Harry Potter - my kids both love this, so we're going to use it as a base to explore England.

Presidents - our past and present. Incorporate money in here.

Food Groups - not only what they are, but nutrition, and where our food comes from.

Zoo Animals - this will likely be broken up into several units, focusing on animals by country.

Farming - farm animals and crops. Incorporating a visit to either a farm or farmers market.

Dinosaurs - roar! I'm almost done with this one, and will post soon.

Public Service - touch a bit on how government is set up, but focus on Public servants - firefighters, policemen, sanitation, construction, etc. Try to visit one of these places.

Our Earth - this will come after the space unit. Focus on what the earth is made of, how we treat our earth, different eco systems of the earth. Want to incorporate the program Life in here, at least part of it.

Seasons - I'm unsure if we'll break this up by season, or talk about all at once.

This page will change a lot - I'll add as I come up with new ideas, and delete as I post lesson plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment