Thursday, February 17, 2011

TEKS, Grade 1

I'm going to post the TEKS goals for grade 1, for my reference. These are the basic skills we need to reach by the end of our school year.

It's 33 pages long, so bear with me. I'm summarizing.

Identify upper and lowercase letters
Sequence the letters of the alphabet
Recognize sentence structure - end punctuation, capitalization,
Properly read text - left to right, top to bottom
Identify different parts of a book -  title, author, illustrator, TOC

Rhyming
Long and short vowels
Recognize change in a spoken word (blow to glow)
Blend spoken phonemes to form one and two syllable words
Isolate initial, medial, and final sounds in one syllable words
Segment one syllable words of three to five phonemes into individual phonemes

Decode words that use letters that have different sounds - c/s, c/k
Short and long vowels
Consonant blends

Consonant digraphs
Vowel digraphs
Vowel diphthongs

Ok yeah, I'm already bored. I'll add more later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment