Thursday, February 17, 2011

Unit Based Learning

There are many, many, many different ways to home school. We've decided on unit based learning and teaching. For now, I anticipate that each unit will take two weeks. I'm planning out many different units, and Nana will be choosing which unit she wants to do.

My plan is to take the basic principles from TEKS, and work them into each unit. So we'll cover writing, spelling, reading, math, science, history, geography and the like on a level she can understand in a fun way. I'll be posting each of my units here, and once we complete them, I'll post again with my comments and evaluations. You can use anything you like from the blog and adapt it to work with your family. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them as best as I can. I'm still very new at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment