Friday, June 8, 2012

Where should I begin teaching history?

It is hard to teach history to a five and seven year old. I have so many history books. One of my favorites thus far is A Child's History of the World.. I also have a few DK, Time, and various history books geared towards children. For now I have decided to just introduce the concept of history using Connect the Thoughts curriculum. I am also trying to present history with engaging stories. A Child's History of the World is perfect for this. We kicked off our history lesson with a family time line.



We began with their grandparents. We will continue to build upon our timeline so they can see that history is always in the making. As we begin with US and world history they can relate current historical events to their family story.

No comments:

Post a Comment