Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Trip to the museum

Today's math lesson was measuring volume. We counted how many cups equal a quart and a pint. We also used this worksheet. I poured the given amount in a pot and then the kids used a measuring cup to see how many cups of water was inside the pot. I was hoping they would be able to determine how many cups just by looking at the worksheet, but they didn't seem to grasp the concept until we executed it.



Once a month, our local museum offers a free admission. They have activities, a tour, and story time. We didn't make it in time for the tour, so we walked around ourselves. The kids had a scavenger hunt. They had to find their favorites. BoBo said his favorite animal was an armadillo. I didn't think that he would find one, but lo and behold we found one!



Today's activity was making bubble print. They really enjoyed it. I think we will try it again sometime soon.



I found a new favorite piece. It is called Nature or Abundance. I love all the colors. MiMi's favorite food is fruit so she enjoyed it as well. My favorite part is the picture of a mother nursing her child.



No comments:

Post a Comment